Birthday Wishes

You know what, usually by this time of the year, when I type the post which I am going to post, I always feel gloomy. But not this year. This year had been great with regard to something. Now I know the posts I write here are read by people whom I intend  to.  An acknowledgment is what I had always wanted and I am glad that I got it this year. It meant a lot to me that I had disturbed a friend from her class to come and meet me just to share my happiness with her. It didn’t work out the way I want. That is a different story. But that is how special this year is.

It’s my sister’s birthday and I can’t keep calm. Happy Birthday, Sinduja. And it is a double whammy because your first wedding anniversary is less than ten days to go. I am so happy for you. I am really happy because you are inching towards the thirties club and I am in the entrance waiting for you with a garland to welcome you. Stay blessed. But it has been a long time. We have to catch up sometime soon. Remember the times when you used to save all the five rupees coins you come across to give it to me. The cigarette now costs 13 Rs. That’s how long it is. Think about it.

And a song for you 🙂

And now comes another important person. I don’t believe in coincidences. I don’t think it is a coincidence that this person’s birthday falls in the same date as my sister. Padhma. We know each other for like two years and met her once when she came to Chennai last year. She is one of the gems I found in this vast online world. Some people make us feel special and cared even though they are several miles away from us. Padhma is one such person. When people just ask “How are you” to start a conversation, it was refreshing to see somebody who really mean it. And she wouldn’t give up till she gets the truth.

Padhma, Thanks for being there. I have literally disturbed you in the middle of the night just to ramble about my problems. Thanks for all the patience. Thanks for tolerating my stupidity and mokkai. Thanks for being you. You are simply awesome.

Have a great birthday 🙂

9 Comments

1. Anonymous October 24, 2016 at 12:36 am

Thanks Annathay,
    Kinda feels a lil selfish to come here expecting this… I took solid 30 min to wait n check if u posted… Shows u how I haven’t changed who I am even if the price of ur cigarette has… So glad dt u can even think of my anniversary when I can only think of how I badly missed u there on my wedding clicking away with Joy but feeling weirdly emotional cos come on… I was getting married n all teary. Buy yourself n Chris a bubbly from me. We’ll catch up soon.

1. prasanna October 24, 2016 at 8:46 am

I know you will come and I had the post up by 12.01. I don’t want to be late again.. 😀 And how can I forget your anniversary date. I would have loved to click your wedding too.. But last year, my arm was in a sling? So slim chances.

I knew you would love Bubbly 🙂 Always thought that when I bought it.

2. Anonymous October 24, 2016 at 12:39 am

Oops… Forgot… Happy Birthday Padhma… You may or may not know me… But I am so happy dt u have been there when he needed a friend… Sorry if this anonymous thing irritates you but do know dt ur getting lotsa positive thots on ur birthday from some1. Have a wonderful year ahead filled with all good things u deserve n more.

3. Anonymous October 24, 2016 at 12:44 am

Oh n sorry for the 3rd comment but I forgot to kick u for ur nakkal on the 30s thing… Ennika irundhaalum paravailla.. unna meet pannuven la appa nee vaanguva… Sethu vechi… adhukulla ervamatin o ennamo edhaavadhu potu gym Ku laam poi fit aaga try pannu
    Illa naan paakumbodhu thatha madri irundhana extra va vaanguva… Old flo

1. prasanna October 24, 2016 at 8:48 am

Ervamatin ellam kashtam.. But Gym ku poren.. Aswin thatha mathiri iruppen dont worry. Old lady.. Inniku you have increased your age by 1 remember. Chris is the only person who goes back to his youth with each birthday Benjamin Button mathiri.

1. Anonymous October 24, 2016 at 11:47 pm

Ashwin thatha it seems. Nee evlo try pannanum Ashwin thatha allavukku pretty aaga maata… I know m getting old… 14grey hairs already.
        Anyway thanks for letting me start my birthday n end it here as well.

4. Padhma October 24, 2016 at 9:43 am

Thanks sindhu! Happy happy birthday to you too! Have never spoken to you but i feel like I know you really well..thanks to 300 days :). Oru bookkukae inspiration Na your friendship means so much to Bragadeesh I am sure! Birthday supera poga big big wishes! Enjoy!!

5. chronicwriter October 24, 2016 at 2:12 pm

Happy burdday Sinja, Its definitely not funny since 2012. Have a wonderful year ahead. Loads of love. Inga ellaamey maariduchu. If we catch up, evlo pesuvomnu therila.

1. Anonymous October 24, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Shit… U guys make me all teary no matter how old I get… Wish we meet up real soon… Big hugs to darling Anya